Dr. MA Xi
I hold a Doctorate in Materials Science and Engineering from the China University of Geosciences. Now I am working as an engineer in the State Key Laboratory of Earthquake Dynamics, Institute of Geology, China Earthquake Administration, where I am responsible for maintenance and sample analysis of two instruments, Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) and X-ray Powder Diffraction (XRD), engaged in research on mineral materials, high temperature and high pressure of rock mechanics.
My study orientation was green process of mineral resources during my PhD study, mainly involved in an efficient and clean utilization of three kinds of mineral resources or solid waste, boron mud, K-feldspar, and biotite. Therefore, I have strong interest and affinity for crystal structure and crystal chemistry of mineral, mineral processing and hydrometallurgy, preparation and analysis of materials.
PhD thesis: Preparation of Potassium Sulphate and Slow Release Potassium Fertilizer from Biotite Using Sulfuric Acid: Key Reaction Study, China University of Geosciences, 2016.
In my PhD thesis, two scientific problems have been approached. One question asked is how to improve the extraction capacity, efficiency and logistic of mining operations. Another important question is how to release K from its parenting minerals at a rate that is suitable for crop cultivation.
Except for materials science, I also studied courses in statistics and management, and got a bachelor’s degree in business administration.
Publications in international and Chinese journals:
- Ma Xi, Ma Hongwen, Yang Jing. Sintering preparation and release properties of K2MgSi3O8 slow-release fertilizer using biotite acid-leaching residues as silicon source. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 2016, 55: 10926-10931. (SCI, IF=2.567)
- Jiang Zhouqing, Yang Jing, Ma Hongwen, Ma Xi，Yuan Jiangyan. Synthesis of pure NaA zeolites from coal fly ashes for ammonium removal from aqueous solution. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 2016, 18(3): 629-637. (SCI, IF=1.932)
- Ma Xi, Yang Jing, Ma Hongwen, Liu Changjiang. Hydrothermal extraction of potassium from potassic quartz syenite and preparation of aluminum hydroxide. International Journal of Mineral Processing, 2016, 147: 10-17. (SCI, IF=1.310)
- Yang Jing, Ma Hongwen, Zeng Cheng, Liu Changjiang, Ma Xi, Luo Zheng, Wang Shijian. Zeolitization of potassic syenites by alkali-hydrothermal treatment and its mineralization significance. ACTA MINERALOGICA SINICA, 2016, 36(1): 38-42. (Chinese)
- Ma Xi, Tian Linan, Yang Jing, Ma Hongwen, Nie Yimiao. Study of the beneficiability of potassic slate from Bayan Obo. Multipurpose Utilization of Mineral Resources, 2016, 1: 53-58. (Chinese)
- Jiang Zhouqing, Ma Hongwen, Yang Jing, Ma Xi, Yuan Jiangyan. Thermal decomposition mechanism of desilication coal fly ash by low-lime sinter method for alumina extraction. Ferroelectrics, 2015, 486: 143-155. (SCI, IF=0.469)
- Luo Zheng, Yang Jing, Ma Hongwen, Liu Meitang, Ma Xi. Recovery of magnesium and potassium from biotite by sulfuric acid leaching and alkali precipitation with ammonia. Hydrometallurgy, 2015, 157: 188-193. (SCI, IF=1.933)
- Jiang Zhouqing, Yang Jing, Ma Hongwen, Wang Le, Ma Xi. Reaction behaviour of Al2O3 and SiO2 in high alumina coal fly ash during alkali hydrothermal process. Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, 2015, 25: 2065-2072. (SCI, IF=1.178)
- Ma Xi, Ma Hongwen, Yang Jing, Zhang Pan, Liu Meitang, Lin Fei. Review on preparation of potassium sulfate in system of KAlSi3O8-CaSO4-CaCO3 by calcination process. Industrial Minerals and Processing, 2015, 4: 55-61. (Chinese)
- Ma Xi, Yang Jing, Ma Hongwen, Liu Changjiang, Zhang Pan. Synthesis and characterization of analcime using quartz syenite powder by alkali-hydrothermal treatment. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 2015, 201: 134-140. (SCI, IF=3.453)
- Jiang Zhouqing, Yang Jing, Ma Hongwen, Ma Xi. Effects of urea/Al3+ ratios and hydrothermal treated time on the formation of self-assembled boehmite hollow sphere. Ferroelectrics, 2014, 471: 128-138. (SCI, IF=0.383)
- Ma Xi, Ma Hongwen, Jiang Xiaoqian, Jiang Zhouqing. Preparation of magnesium hydroxide nanoflowers from boron mud via anti-drop precipitation method. Materials Research Bulletin, 2014, 56: 113-118. (SCI, IF=1.968)
- Ma Xi, Ma Hongwen, Liu Meitang, Yao Wengui. Thermodynamics and kinetics of boron mud dissolution in sulfuric acid. Journal of the Chinese Ceramic Society, 2014, 42(2): 254-260. (EI)
- Wang Haolin, Li Jinhong, Hou Lei, Liu Fang, Ma Xi. Study on the pozzolanic activity of diatomite. Bulletin of the Chinese Ceramic Society, 2011, 31(2): 19-24, 49. (Chinese)
- Ma Xi, Deng Yanxi. Progress in research on load type TiO2 photochemical materials. Materials Review Online Version, 2011, 6(1): 11-15. (Chinese)
- Ma Xi, Wang Xuming, Deng Yanxi. Preparation of TiO2/diatomite composite and its photocatalytic activity. Non-Metallic Mines, 2010, 33(4): 72-73, 76. (Chinese)
Address: Institute of Geology, China Earthquake Administration, Huayanli Jia No.1, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China, 100029